Telfer Research Seminar Series
The Telfer Research Seminar Series (TRSS) is intended to bring together leading academic scholars, business leaders, and policymakers from universities, corporations, governments, research institutes, think-tanks, and embassies from around the world to engage our students and professors in discussions and presentations on key issues.
Potential speakers will be drawn from a wide cross-section of academic institutions and other organizations and will include CEOs from major corporations, senior policymakers from Industry Canada, heads of research labs within Ottawa and Canada, representatives from non-profit research consortia and networks such as CMC Microsystems representatives from foreign embassies, and venture capitalists.
The TRSS will provide the opportunity for students to develop their research and employment network.
The list of past speakers included among others:
- Jean-Etienne de Bettignies, Queen's University
- Robert J. MacGregor, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Daina Mazutis, IMD (Switzerland) (currently University of Ottawa)
- Nava Pliskin, Ben-Gurion University (Israel)
- Allan Discua Cruz, Lancaster University
- Douglas Cumming, York University (Toronto)
- Steven G. Rogelberg, University of North Carolina - Charlotte
- Jeremy Hall, Simon Fraser University
- Jean-Marie Courrent, Montpellier 1 University
- Gabriel Abend, New York University
- Lucie Sirieix, Montpellier SupAgro
- Lynette Purda, Queen's University
- Hamid Etemad, McGill University
- David Crick, University of Ottawa
- Thomas O'Neill, University of Calgary
- David Audretsch, Indiana University
- Anne Washington, George Mason University
- Igor Livshits, Western University
- Olivier Crevoisier, Université de Neuchâtel