Dual Fast-Track Degree
Earn a bachelor’s and a master’s degree within five years through the Bachelor of Commerce + Master of Science in Management (with Research Project) (BCom + MSc MGT) accelerated program. Accelerate your learning and gain a unique academic background that enables you to stand out in the job market.
This program propels you into a project-based master’s by integrating two graduate courses during the last year of your bachelor’s. Get started on your research project in a familiar environment over the spring-summer term between your bachelor’s and master’s.
Building on your BCom degree, the MSc in Management with a Research Project gives you the opportunity to:
- Conduct applied research in a specific area of concentration;
- Use your advanced problem-solving skills to make an impact and inform practices within an organization dealing with similar challenges; and,
- Work with internationally recognized supervisors to solve a concrete and crucial management challenge.’
- Earn two degrees in a shorter amount of time by entering your MSc program full-time during the spring-summer bridge term.
MSc Research Project
2 MSc Concentration Courses
MSc Research Project
4 MSc Concentration Courses
During your BCom:
- We encourage you to take ADM 3998 (Applied Research in Management) as an elective in your third year.
- You will take MGT 5300 (Foundations of Management) and MGT 5200 (Foundations of Quantitative Methods) as electives during the fall term of fourth year.
- If you meet the admission criteria, you will receive a formal offer of admission to the MSc MGT program during the winter term of your fourth year. At that time, you also submit your project topic and are matched with a supervisor.
Completing your MSc MGT:
- Once you’re matched with a supervisor, you will start your research project in the spring-summer term after your fourth year.
- While taking courses during the fall and winter terms, you will continue to work on your research project and attend at least four research seminars.
- Have an 8.0 (A-) cumulative grade point average (CGPA), at the time you enroll in the graduate MSc courses: MGT 5200 and MGT 5300.
- Achieve a minimum passing grade of 65% (C+) in each graduate-level course.
- If you maintain a CGPA equal to or above 8.0 (at the time of your assessment to continue with MSc MGT application) you don’t have to write either the GMAT or the GRE.
- You may have to attend an interview with the Telfer Graduate Programs Office admission committee to assess whether the program is a good fit for you.
Apply directly through the Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC) to the Bachelor of Commerce + Master of Science in Management (Research Project) program.
Contact the Telfer Student Services Centre to determine if you’re eligible and to coordinate a program change. Then if you’re admitted, the Graduate Programs Office will send you a formal offer of admission and match you with your MSc Research Project supervisor.
Student Services Centre:
Chat: Chat with us anytime from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekdays
Immediate Academic Assistance: Join our virtual queue