Contribute to a better Canada with your Master of Science in Management. Whether you’re in the one-year research project, the research project with co-op, or the two-year thesis, your research question determines the focus of your program, and the impact you can make towards a greener, healthier, happier, and wealthier world. Work with an experienced supervisor to help guide you to solve a tangible problem over the course of your program. See the list of examples below for inspiration to create the research question that you would like to answer.
Examples of research questions:
- Social impacts of large projects
What is the role of accounting in assessing social impacts of large mega-projects?
- Financial and legal accountability regarding a crisis like COVID-19
How do financial accountability and legal accountability work to hold organizations to account during crisis like Covid-19?
- Adaptation to new regulations and technology environments
How do auditors adapt to a new regulation/technology environment (e.g., sustainability disclosures, AI technology development)?
- The role of conventional accounting tools in the COVID-19 era
Is Just In Time (JIT) still relevant and effective given the global supply chain disruption?
- Francophone Canadian Entrepreneurship
How can we foster the economic development and social inclusion of Francophone entrepreneurs in minority situations?
- Entrepreneurship and Indigenous Entrepreneurs
How can we help indigenous entrepreneurs succeed?
- Social and Inclusive Entrepreneurship
Who are the forgotten or ignored entrepreneurs in society? What can they teach us about social innovation and entrepreneurship?
- Family Business Governance
How can next-generation members be effectively integrated into the family business over time?
- Corporate social responsibility and firm value
How do social/environmental events impact firm value, risk, and operating performance?
- Fintech and the digital transformation of financial services
How can the banking industry respond to the threat of disruption?
- ESG practices, investments, and performance metrics
What are firms disclosing about their ESG practices? How do investors use that information and what are the metrics for ESG performance tracking?
- Happiness or Unhappiness in Innovation Firms
Are people happy or unhappy in innovative firms?
- Innovation and Inclusivity
How can organizations ensure they are being innovative while also being inclusive?
- Sustainability Conversations on Social Media & Food
How many people are talking about sustainability in social media in the context of food?
- Scalability and New Enterprises
How does scalability impact the success of new digital enterprises?
- Collaboration and performance
How do individuals and group dynamics affect the relationship between collaboration and team performance?
- Social relationships and well-being
How do our interactions and relationships with people at work impact our health and well-being?
- Managerial leadership and employee mental health
How can managers best support their employees’ mental health?
- Diversity and Inclusion
How can organizations facilitate positive work experiences for employees living with disabilities?