Please consult the Evaluation of Student Learning section of the academic regulations for undergraduate studies, as well as related sections regarding the grading system and academic standing.
See the deferred midterm exam schedule for the Winter 2020 term here.
The Student Services Centre (SSC) approves and manages the deferred mid-term and final exams of undergraduate students for ADM courses. Students have five (5) business days after the exam to provide the SSC with their deferral request. Upon review of your exam schedule, please note that we only accept to defer an exam for the following reasons:
- Exam conflicts:
- Two exams on the same date and at the same time, or
- Three, 3-hour exams scheduled on the same date, between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. that day.
- Take-home exams are not considered within the exam conflicts listed above.
- Medical reasons that must be justified (see academic regulations); or
- Death of a member of immediate family, justified by a death certificate.
- Travel, employment and misreading the examination schedule are not acceptable reasons for deferring an exam.
To defer an exam in an ADM course, please complete the deferred exam application, make sure your physician completes the medical certificate document, and submit both in person at DMS 1100, the Student Services Centre.
For a course from another faculty, please contact the faculty in question and/or the professor.
Professors are responsible for the approval of absences during midterm exams (less than 25% of the final grade), quizzes and the late submission of written assignments.
Students who write an examination may not appeal their final grades due to one of the reasons mentioned above.