Please consult the Evaluation of Student Learning section of the academic regulations for undergraduate studies, as well as related sections regarding the grading system and academic standing.
NEW: Students can request a maximum of one (1) deferred exam per course, and this evaluation must be taken within six (6) months after the end of the term. If a student defers a midterm exam, they won’t be able to defer the final exam for the same course. The Telfer School will only allow one (1) opportunity to write a deferred exam. No other opportunities will be allowed.
The Student Services Centre (SSC) approves and manages the deferred midterm and final exams of undergraduate students for ADM courses. Students have five (5) business days after the exam to provide the SSC with their deferral request. Upon review of your exam schedule, please note that we only accept to defer an exam for the following reasons:
- Exam conflicts:
- Two exams on the same date and at the same time, or
- Three, 3-hour exams scheduled on the same date, between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. that day.
- Take-home exams are not considered within the exam conflicts listed above.
- Important: all deferral requests for a reason of exam conflicts need to be submitted within 5 buisness days after the exam schedule is published. Any deferral request for exam conflicts received after the exam date will not be accepted.
- Medical reasons that must be justified with a medical certificate. (see academic regulations):
- Please note, as to COVID-19 related absences. The University has created a self-declaration form for students who are unable to take an exam, turn in an assignment on time, or participate in a required lab due to COVID-19. With this form, you do not need a medical certificate.
- Death of a member of immediate family, justified by a death certificate or obituary notice.
- Technical issues occurred during the online exam appropriately supported by valid documentation.
- Travel, employment and misreading the examination schedule, and not attending an in-person exam because you are not in Canada are not acceptable reasons for deferring an examination.
To defer an exam in an ADM course, please complete the deferred exam application. Students must submit the deferred exam application as well as the appropriate supporting documentation justifying the request (medical certificate, obituary notice, etc.) to
For a course from another faculty, please contact the faculty in question and/or the professor.
Professors are responsible for the approval of absences during quizzes and the late submission of written assignments.
Students who write an examination may not appeal their final grades due to one of the reasons mentioned above.