Evelyn Micelotta is an Associate Professor in Management at Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa. She received a PhD in Strategic Management and Organization from Alberta School of Business and a PhD in Management Engineering from Milan Polytechnic. Her research interests include institutional maintenance and change, family business and sociocultural dynamics in entrepreneurial settings. Her research has been published in Journal of Management, Academy of Management Annals, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Organization Studies and Family Business Review, among others. She is currently Associate Editor of Family Business Review.
Publications during the last 7 years
Chapters in Books
- Micelotta, E., Lounsbury, M. and Greenwood, R. Institutional Change. In Van de Ven, A. and Poole, S.. Oxford Handbook of Organizational Change. New York: Oxford University Press, 2021.
- Micelotta, E. When does it make sense to hire a consultant?. In Jaskiewicz, P. and Rau, S.. Next Generation of Family Business. 2021.
- Biygautane, M., Micelotta, E., Gabbioneta, C. and Cappellaro, G. In the land of sand and oil: How the macrofoundations of a tribal society shape the implementation of infrastructure public-private partnerships (PPPs) in Qatar. In Gehman, J., Glaser, V., Toubiana, M., Steel, C. and Hannigan, T.. Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Macrofoundations of Institutions. United Kingdom: Emerald Publishing, 2020.
- Micelotta, E., Glaser, V. and Dorian, G. Qualitative research in family business: Methodological insights to leverage inspiration, avoid data asphyxiation, and develop robust theory. In Kammerlamer, N. and De Massis, A.. Handbook of Qualitative Research Methods for Family Business. London: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2020.
- Micelotta, E. Country Report: Lawyers in Italy. In Hammerslev, O., Sommerlad, H., Abel, R. and Schultz, U.. Lawyers in Society: 30 Years After. 2019.
Papers in Refereed Journals
- Chow, D.Y.L., Chan, X.W. and Micelotta, E. 2021. Cross-border M&As: Theorizing the negative effect of political ideology mismatch with host country labor institutional context on employee outcomes. Journal of Business Research, 128: 164-173.
- Shirokova, G., Morris, M.H., Laskovaia, A. and Micelotta, E. 2021. Effectuation and causation, firm performance, and the impact of institutions: A multi-country moderation analysis. Journal of Business Research, 129: 169-182.
- Wales, B., Shirokova, G., Beliaeva, T., Micelotta, E. and Marino, L. 2021. The impact of institutions on the entrepreneurial orientation-performance relationship. Global Strategy Journal.
- Ge, J. and Micelotta, E. 2019. When Does the Family Matter? Institutional pressures and corporate philanthropy in China. Organization Studies, 40(6): 833-857.
- Sasaki, I., Ravasi, D. and Micelotta, E. 2019. Family Firms as Institutions: Cultural reproduction and status maintenance among multi-centenary shinise in Kyoto. Organization Studies, 40(6): 793-831.
- Micelotta, E. and Lounsbury, M. 2019. Building bridges to cross oceans: Reflections on organization studies in the 21st century. Stato e Mercato, 3: 327-375.
- Micelotta, E., Washington, M. and Docekalova, I. 2018. Industry gender imprinting & new venture creation: The liabilities of women’s leagues in the sports industry. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 42(1): 94-128.
- Micelotta, E., Lounsbury, M. and Greenwood, R. 2017. Pathways of institutional change: An integrative review and research agenda. Journal of Management, 43(6): 1885-1910.
Funded Research during the last 7 years
Funded Research during the last 7 years
Telfer School of Management
Research start up funds
C: Contract (R and D) | E: Equipment Grant | R: Research Grant | S: Support Award | P: Pedagogical Grant | O: Other, U: Unknown
C: Granting Councils | G: Government | F: Foundations | I: UO Internal Funding | O: Other | U: Unknown
PI = Principal Investigator | Co-I = Co-Investigator | Co-PI = Co-Principal Investigator