Ahmed Khalil Ben Ayed
- DMS 5120
- 613-562-5800 x 4788
Dr. Ben Ayed joined the Telfer School of Management in 2019 as an Assistant Professor in Marketing. He earned a Ph.D. in Administration from HEC Montréal, an M.Sc. from the same university and completed his postdoctoral studies in Quantitative Psychology at McGill University. Dr. Ben Ayed is multilingual (fluent in English, French and Arabic with working knowledge of Italian). He worked for several years at The Canada Research Chair in the Management of Employee Commitment and Performance and was part of the Performance Measurement Center of Expertise of the Canada Revenue Agency right before joining Telfer’s faculty.
Dr. Ben Ayed’s main research interests focus on service failure and measurement. He is extensively interested in integrating theories and concepts from other research areas, such as Social Psychology and Organizational Behaviour into marketing frameworks to gain further understanding of the consumer-service provider interaction. His research has been published in journals such as Journal of Service Marketing, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Human Relations, The Leadership Quarterly, and Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology.
Publications during the last 7 years
Papers in Refereed Journals
- Lapointe, E., Vandenberghe, C., Ben Ayed, A.K., Schwarz, G., Tremblay, M. and Chênevert, D. 2020. Social Comparisons, Self-Conceptions, and Attributions: Contingencies in Leader-Member Exchange Relationships. Journal of Business and Psychology, 35: 381-402.
- Ben Ayed, A.K. and Vandenberghe, C. 2019. Role stressors and prosocial performance: The effect of emotional exhaustion and job engagement. Le travail humain, 82(4): 264-281.
- Vandenberghe, C., Panaccio, A., Bentein, K., Mignonac, K., Roussel, P. and Ben Ayed, A.K. 2019. Time-based differences in the effects of positive and negative affectivity on perceived supervisor support and organizational commitment among newcomers. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 40: 264-281.
- Ben Ayed, A.K. and Vandenberghe, C. 2018. Job engagement, organization-based self-esteem, and career satisfaction: A prospective study. Psychologie du travail et des organisations, 24(2): 203-218.
- Ben Ayed, A.K. and Vandenberghe, C. 2018. Feedback-seeking behavior and job performance: The moderating effect of goal orientations. Psychologie du travail et des organisations, 24(3): 294-308.
- Guerrero, S. , Chênevert, D., Vandenberghe, C., Tremblay, M. and Ben Ayed, A.K. 2018. Employees’ psychological empowerment and performance: how customer feedback substitutes for leadership. Journal of Services Marketing, 32(7): 868-879.
- Donia, M.B.L., Johns, G., Raja, U. and Ben Ayed, A.K. 2018. Getting Credit for OCBs: Potential Costs of being a Good Actor vs. a Good Soldier. European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, 27(2): 188-203.
- Ben Ayed, A.K. and Vandenberghe, C. 2017. The moderating role of goal orientations in the relationship between job scope and organizational commitment. Psychologie du travail et des organisations, 23(1): 29-42.
Funded Research during the last 7 years
|2020-2022||Telfer School of Management Research Grants (SMRG)||Telfer School of Management Research Grant||R||I||PI||$ 17,705|
|2015-2017||SSHRC||SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships||R||C||PI||$ 81,000|
|2009||HEC Montreal||Scholarship Ph.D. program||P||O||PI||$ 4,750|
|2008||HEC Montreal||Scholarship Ph.D. program||P||O||PI||$ 5,000|
|2007||HEC Montreal||Scholarship Ph.D. program||P||O||PI||$ 7,500|
C: Contract (R and D) | E: Equipment Grant | R: Research Grant | S: Support Award | P: Pedagogical Grant | O: Other, U: Unknown
C: Granting Councils | G: Government | F: Foundations | I: UO Internal Funding | O: Other | U: Unknown
PI = Principal Investigator | Co-I = Co-Investigator | Co-PI = Co-Principal Investigator