Telfer MBA Program Application Checklist
In order for your admission file to be reviewed by the Telfer School of Management Admissions Committee the following tasks must be completed:
- Complete the OUAC application form online at uOttawa.ca/graduate-studies/programs-admission/apply. Your application will be transmitted once you have paid the administration fee. You will receive by email your uoAccess ID and password within 3 to 5 days. This ID and password will allow you to log in to the student portal uoZone.
- Upload via student portal, under the tab Applications, then uoDoc the following electronic documents:
- Curriculum vitae (resume): Outline your managerial and professional experience, and any pertinent volunteer work.
- Letter of Intent: State your reasons for pursuing a graduate program, your contribution to the program given your background and experience. The letter should be at least 500 words.
- Admission test scores (GMAT or GRE). To speed up the evaluation process, please upload a copy of your GMAT or GRE report. Request that official GMAT or GRE test results be available electronically to the Telfer Graduate Office.
- GRE institutional code is 0993
- The GMAT department code is 4BZ-76-75 (MBA)
- Transcripts: Please upload one transcript from each post-secondary institution you attended. Transcript from the University of Ottawa will be requested by our office.
- Transcripts from non-Canadian and non-American institutions should include the grading scale (often found at bottom or back of the transcript. If not, you need to obtain it from your school).
- If the transcript is not in English or French, a certified translation must be submitted.
- N.B. Official and recent transcripts will be required in the event of an admission offer. Please have them delivered to the following address:
Telfer School of Management
55 Laurier Avenue East, Room 4160
Ottawa ON K1N 6N5 Canada
- In the event of an admission offer, candidates who completed their studies in China must submit official translations (transcripts and diplomas) certified by the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC). They must be sent directly to our institution.
- Official language proficiency test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, CanTEST, etc.) if applicable. To be valid, the test score must be less than two years old at the time of application. To speed up the evaluation process, please upload a copy of your language test report. Request that official from ETS (TOEFL) or IELTS to make the results be available electronically to the Telfer Graduate Office.
- TOEFL institutional code is 0993.
Add your two referees’ contact information in the Admission Portal checklist (uoZone). Your referees will receive an email from the University of Ottawa with a link to a recommendation form to be submitted virtually. The referees should be an employer or a professional contact.
- The selection committee will not consider applications without all required documents.
- The University of Ottawa does not accept paper documents. If you submit paper versions of any documents at the time of the admission process, they will be shredded. Any documents received other than those required will be disregarded and deleted.
- Any document not written in English or French must be accompanied by an official translation in English or French.
Deadline date to submit a complete application file:
- International: February 1
- Canadians, permanent residents and Americans: May 15