- DMS 7154
- 613-562-5800 x 4768
Professor Khoroshilov received his PhD in Finance from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, in 2005. He also has an MA degree in Economics from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, as well as an MA in Mathematics from the Moscow State University, Russia. His research interests include Corporate Finance, Game theory, Auction Theory, and Behavioral and Experimental Finance. He has taught courses in Application of Statistical Methods in Business, Statistics for Management, Financial Management, Corporate Finance, Fixed Income securities, Corporate Governance, Options and Futures, and International Finance.
Publications and Academic Awards
Yuri's work has been published in many recognized Economics and Finance peer-reviewed journals such as Journal of Financial Intermediation, Financial Review, Games and Economic Behavior, Economics Letters, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Managerial Decision and Economics, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Atlantic Economic Journal, Economic Letters and others. He has been a recipient of several Telfer School of Management Research Excellence awards, the Best Paper in Corporate Finance Award from the 2005 Southern Finance Association meeting and the Best Junior Faculty Conference Paper Award from the 2009 Northeast Business and Economics Association meeting.
Publications during the last 7 years
Papers in Refereed Journals
- Dodonova, A. and Khoroshilov, Y. 2021. A Carrot, a Stick, or a Relative Piece-Rate: An Experimental Study. Economics Bulletin, 41(3): 1481–1485.
- Dodonova, A. and Khoroshilov, Y. 2021. Private Value Takeover Auctions with Toeholds: an Experimental Study. Games, 12(2): Article 40.
- Dodonova, A. and Khoroshilov, Y. 2020. Preemptive bidding in common value takeover auctions: Social surplus and the target’s revenue. North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 53: Article 101208.
- Dodonova, A. and Khoroshilov, Y. 2019. Potential Heterogeneity in Target’s Value and Jump Bidding in Takeover Auctions. Applied Economics Letters, 26(12): 1038-1043.
- Khoroshilov, Y. 2018. Partnership dissolution: information and efficiency. Decision Analysis, 15(3): 133-194.
- Dodonova, A. and Khoroshilov, Y. 2018. Private Information in Futures Markets: An Experimental Study. Managerial and Decision Economics, 39(1): 65–70.
- Khoroshilov, Y. 2017. Information precision and common value partnership dissolution: An experimental study. Managerial and Decision Economics, 38(6): 822-831.
Funded Research during the last 7 years
|2019-2021||SSHRC||Toeholds and Information Precision in Common Value Takeover Auctions: Theory and Experiment||R||C||PI||$ 19,770|
|2017-2020||Telfer School of Management Research Fund (SMRF)||The effect of information precision in takeover auctions: an experimental study||R||I||PI||$ 12,000|
|2015-2016||Telfer School of Management Research Fund (SMRF supervision)||Asset Pricing in Behavioural Finance: Interpreting the High/Low Volatility Anomaly and Investigate for Skewed Stock Returns Valuation Under the Behavioural Finance Framework||R||I||PI||$ 4,500|
C: Contract (R and D) | E: Equipment Grant | R: Research Grant | S: Support Award | P: Pedagogical Grant | O: Other, U: Unknown
C: Granting Councils | G: Government | F: Foundations | I: UO Internal Funding | O: Other | U: Unknown
PI = Principal Investigator | Co-I = Co-Investigator | Co-PI = Co-Principal Investigator