- DMS 7120
- 613-562-5800 x 4787
Professor Morad Benyoucef received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Université de Montréal, his M.Sc. from Rochester Institute of Technology, and his B.Sc. from Constantine University. His research interests include Online Marketplaces, E-Procurement, E-Negotiations, E-Health, and Web 2.0. He supervises Master’s level and Ph.D. level students from the Ottawa Carleton Institute of Computer Science Program, and from the E-business Technologies Program.
Funding and Publications
Professor Benyoucef’s research is funded by theCanadian Foundation for Innovation,, the Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation, and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada,. He is Associate Editor for Springer’s Electronic Commerce Research Journal and Telecommunication Systems Journal. He is also a reviewer for several international journals. He has published numerous articles in journals such as GDN, Supply Chain Forum and E-commerce Research. He is involved in organizing international conferences around the world such as DEXA, ICE-B, and MCETECH.
Professor Benyoucef teaches at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the areas of Management Information Systems and E-Business.
Publications during the last 7 years
Papers in Refereed Journals
- Huang, Z. and Benyoucef, M. 2022. An Empirical Study of Mobile Application Usability: A Unified Hierarchical Approach. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, (In Press).
- Jian Mou, J. and Benyoucef, M. 2021. Consumer behavior in social commerce: Results from a meta-analysis. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 167: 120734.
- Albalawi, R., Yeap, T. and Benyoucef, M. 2020. Using Topic Modeling Methods for Short-Text Data: A Comparative Analysis. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence, 3.
- Ohiomah, A., Benyoucef, M. and Andreev, P. 2020. A Multidimensional Perspective of Inside Sales Success: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Industrial Marketing Management, 90: 435-452.
- Mou, J., Zhu, W. and Benyoucef, M. 2019. Impact of product description and involvement on purchase intention in cross-border e-commerce . Industrial Management and Data Systems, 120(3): 567-586.
- Mou, J., Zhu, W. and Benyoucef, M. 2019. Exploring the Purchase Intention in Cross-border E-commerce: A Three Stage Model. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 51: 320-330.
- Ohiomah, A., Andreev, P., Benyoucef, M. and Hood, D. 2019. The Role of Lead Management Systems in the Inside Sales Process. Journal of Business Research, 102: 163-177.
- Chung, A.Q.H., Andreev, P., Benyoucef, M., Duane, A. and O'Reilly, P. 2018. Where the shoe pinches: Realizing dominant problems when an organizational social media profile evolves. International Journal of Information Management, 41: 33-49.
- Huang, Z. and Benyoucef, M. 2017. The effects of social commerce design on consumer purchase decision-making: an empirical study. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 25(September–October 2017): 40-58.
- Chung, A., Andreev, P., Benyoucef, M., Duane, A. and O'Reilly, P. 2017. Managing an organisation's social media presence: An Empirical Stages of Growth Model. International Journal of Information Management, 37(1 Part A): 1405-1417.
- Zhang, K., Benyoucef, M. and Huang, Z. 2016. Consumer behavior in social commerce: A literature review. Decision Support Systems, 86: 95-108.
- Ohiomah, A., Benyoucef, M. and Andreev, P. 2016. Driving Inside Sales Performance with Lead Management Systems: A Conceptual Model. Journal of Information Systems Applied Research, 9(1): 4-15.
- Zhang, K., Benyoucef, M. and Zhao, S. 2016. Building brand loyalty in social commerce: The case of brand microblogs. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 15(January-February): 14-25.
Funded Research during the last 7 years
|2019-2021||MITACS Accelerate||A Dynamic Predictive Lead Scoring System for Inside Sales||R||O||PI||$ 60,000|
|2018-2023||NSERC - DG||Designing the Next Generation of Social Commerce Platforms||R||C||PI||$ 140,000|
|2017-2018||MITACS & VanillaSoft||An Integrated Lead Conversion Model for Inside Sales||R||O||PI||$ 30,000|
|2016-2018||MITACS & VanillaSoft||Using Predictive Analytics to Improve Inside Sales Performance||R||O||PI||$ 60,000|
|2013-2018||NSERC - DG||Enabling Social Commerce - A New Form of E-commerce that Leverages Social Ties Between Users||R||C||PI||$ 75,000|
C: Contract (R and D) | E: Equipment Grant | R: Research Grant | S: Support Award | P: Pedagogical Grant | O: Other, U: Unknown
C: Granting Councils | G: Government | F: Foundations | I: UO Internal Funding | O: Other | U: Unknown
PI = Principal Investigator | Co-I = Co-Investigator | Co-PI = Co-Principal Investigator