- DMS 7162
- 613-562-5800 x 4736
Dr. Kaouthar Lajili is a Full Professor in Finance and Accounting. She holds a Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (USA) and a CPA, CGA professional designation. Her research interests are interdisciplinary and include risk management, behaviour and governance, financial and business reporting, and valuation of human capital; corporate governance and enterprise risk management with a focus on information value and disclosure. She has been published in the Journal of Management and Governance, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Journal of International Accounting Research, Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, Managerial and Decision Economics, Journal of Human Resource Costing and Accounting, and the Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, among others. She teaches at the advanced undergraduate and graduate levels.
Publications during the last 7 years
Papers in Refereed Journals
- Lajili, K., Mohsni, S., Polizzi, S. and Scannella, E. 2022. A Qualitative Analysis of Bank Credit Risk Disclosure: Evidence from the Canadian and Italian Banking Systems. Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, 33(4): 207-230.
- Lajili, K. 2022. Human Capital Disclosure and the Contingency View. Personnel Review, 52(4): 1110-1125.
- Lajili, K., Dobler, M., Zéghal, D. and Bryan, M.J. 2021. Risk reporting in financial crises: A tale of two countries. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, 29(2): 181-216.
- Lajili, K., Lin, Y.H. and Rostamkalaei, A. **. 2020. Strategic human capital, corporate governance, and performance: Exploring the missing links. Journal of General Management, 45(4): 192-205.
- Dobler, M., Lajili, K. and Zéghal, D. 2016. Risk Disclosures and Cultural Values: A Research Note. Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 7(18): 53-61.
Chapters in Books
- Lajili, K. A Relational Stakeholder Approach to Human Capital Resources Governance. In Lindgreen, A., Maon, F., Palacios Florencio, B., Vanhamme, J., Vallaster, C. and Strong, C.. Engaging With Stakeholders: A Relational Perspective on Responsible Business. London, UK: Routledge, 2018.
Funded Research during the last 7 years
|2020-2022||Telfer School of Management Research Grants (SMRG)||Recent Developments in Credit Risk Management Disclosure: A Comparative Analysis between Canadian and Italian Banks||R||I||PI||$ 12,000|
C: Contract (R and D) | E: Equipment Grant | R: Research Grant | S: Support Award | P: Pedagogical Grant | O: Other, U: Unknown
C: Granting Councils | G: Government | F: Foundations | I: UO Internal Funding | O: Other | U: Unknown
PI = Principal Investigator | Co-I = Co-Investigator | Co-PI = Co-Principal Investigator