Master of HEALTH
The Healthcare Management Challenge
Provincial spending on healthcare is escalating rapidly as a percentage of program expenditures, a trend which is not sustainable. Therefore, cutting-edge leadership and management have become essential to maintain and improve the quality of our healthcare system while keeping costs under control.
Have questions? Schedule a call with us.
Our MHA Graduates are Uniquely Equipped
As the Telfer MHA program is the only MHA program in Canada housed in a school of management, with a focus on health systems, innovation, analytics, decision-making and cost-effectiveness, our graduates are uniquely equipped to meet this challenge.
Located Where Healthcare Leaders Converge
Telfer is located downtown in the capital of Canada, where national, provincial and association leaders from public, private, academic and not-for-profit organizations converge to tackle our healthcare leadership and management challenges. Our MHA is built to engage with these organizations – so let’s get you connected!
Connected to a Deep Alumni Network
The Telfer MHA is the original MHA in Canada, with an alumni network that is deep and influential. Our alumni occupy senior and executive positions in major hospitals, healthcare institutions, and private sector companies, across the country.
Program Versions and Structure
We offer a 16-month version, with evening and occasional weekend courses to suit the working professional. We also offer a version permitting the student to complete the program in 28 months. Both versions are built on a common 3-component model:
Core processes, the latest tools, how to analyze, how to strategize, how to work with people and data to deliver results
Health strategy and policy formulation and implementation
Patient-centered interprofessional teams.
Innovation and change in health systems
Health services integration and creating results.
Cost effective delivery of quality health services.
International Tour Study
- Telfer’s MHA is the only MHA in Canada housed in a school of Management, and Telfer is the only management school in Ontario with triple-crown international accreditation.
- Telfer is located in downtown Ottawa, where national, provincial and association healthcare leaders and managers from all sectors converge.
- One of Canada's most established MHA programs, with a deep and influential alumni network.
- Courses and experiences are focused on healthcare management state-of-practice, including analytics.
- The content is enhanced with input from Executives in Residence, and cutting-edge research from our thesis-based Master’s in Health Systems program.
Ellen Odai - MHA
Jennifer Proulx - MHA
Have more questions? Schedule a call with us.