The Telfer Executive MBA Program is deliberately designed to transform candidates through an innovative curriculum and life changing experiences. Our curriculum and Signature Series of Six Business Consulting Projects accelerate personal growth through the active interaction within the classroom, productive contributions with the work teams and direct business consulting work with client organizations.
Assessment and Qualifications for Telfer Executive MBA Candidacy:
We admit qualified candidates who will benefit from the Program's curriculum. Our evaluation process considers a candidate's business talent, personal ambition and organizational responsibility.Our Program models the business realities of working within diverse work teams. Our candidates have come from various countries and industries with diverse experiences. To ensure a high-impact learning experience, we seek diversity in candidates, their organization’s support of the application, and proficiency in written and spoken English.
The Telfer Executive MBA Program requires candidates to hold at least five years of full-time work experience. The typical Telfer Executive MBA cohort averages 15 years of full-time work experience. A candidate's curriculum vitae should articulate the years of work experience as well as the various responsibilities, career progression and career transitions throughout this time.
The Program considers a candidate's formal education for those who hold an undergraduate degree with a minimum of 70% average.Formal post-secondary education strengthens a candidates' portfolio; however, the Telfer Executive MBA Program does consider individuals who do not hold educational degrees. The assessment for those who do not hold a degree focuses on a candidate's significant work experience and responsibilities.
Candidates whose first language is not English may be asked to provide evidence of their English proficiency. These candidates must submit one of the following to confirm their proficiency (the test scores need to be less than two years old as of September 1 of the year of potential entry into the Program):
- A score of at least 250 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with a score of at least 5 on the Test of Written English (TWE) and a score of at least 50 on the Test of Spoken English (TSE). The TOEFL is administered by Educational Testing Service, Box 899, Princeton, New Jersey, US
- A score of at least 7 in at least three of the four International English Language Testing System (IELTS) tests (Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking) and at least 6 in the fourth. The IELTS is administered by the British Council;
- A score of at least 14 on the CANTEST, administered by the University of Ottawa, with no individual test score below 4.0, along with a score of 4.5 on the oral component of the test;
- Proof of completion, within the last five years, of a previous degree program at an English language university;
- Proof of recent prolonged residence and exercise of a profession in an English-speaking country (normally at least four years over the last six years);
- L'Université d'Ottawa est une institution bilingue. Les candidates et candidats ont le choix de soumettre leurs travaux dans l'une ou l'autre des deux langues officielles. Veuillez noter cependant que les cours, présentations, et discussions dans le cadre du programme de MBA pour cadres sont donnés dans la langue anglaise.
You may be required to complete the GMAT to be admitted to our Program.Applicants without an undergraduate degree or those who are near the minimum years of work experience may be advised to improve their competitive position by writing the GMAT. For information on the GMAT and how to prepare for it, visit the MBA Explorer web site or call the Graduate Management Admission Council at 1-609-771-7330.
Do you have questions about whether you qualify for the Telfer Executive MBA Program? Contact us by email or by telephone at (613) 564-9500 to personally discuss your qualifications.