MBA Workshop: Let’s Talk Resumés and LinkedIn
Facilitated by a Career Centre professional, this session will provide you with the basics in order to build a great resumé and LinkedIn profile.
During this session, you will have the opportunity to:
- learn about the essential components of an impactful resumé;
- discover the do’s and don’ts for a successful application;
- get hands-on tips on how to tailor your resumé and cover letter;
- receive advice on how to strengthen your LinkedIn profile;
- address your questions and/or concerns with a professional.
Although we are offering this workshop virtually until further notice, you may need a print copy of your resumé to write down some notes. If you do not currently have a resumé and need help developing one, visit the Career Tools and Resources section of the website or set up an appointment with our Career Counsellor or our Professional Development Coordinator.
MBA Workshop: Let’s Talk Job Search Strategy
Finding a new job opportunity or making a career transition is not an easy task. This workshop, facilitated by our Career Counsellor, is designed to help you map out an effective job search strategy.
As a participant in this workshop, you will:
- explore your interests, strengths and career values;
- begin to establish your job search criteria;
- learn about various job search techniques;
- discuss the art and importance of networking;
- gain insight on how to develop a career action plan.
MBA Workshop: Let’s Talk Networking and Coffee Chats
This small group session for MBA students is led by one of the Career Centre's Relationship Managers.
Career advice publications state that a large proportion of all available jobs are not advertised. To compete for these "hidden" jobs, you need to add a key component to your job search, career and personal life: networking.
During this small group session, you will have the opportunity to:
- learn valuable insight on how to build and maintain professional relationships in order to facilitate your job search process.
- cover topics such as first impressions, professional deportment, and representing yourself well (i.e. personal branding).
- ask any questions you have with regard to connecting with people and coffee chats.
To view and/or register for a workshop or MBA Employer Panel:
- Go to www.telfer.uOttawa.ca/careerevents
- Or contact the Career Centre at 613-562-5656.