How to 'Post a Job' on Career Launch
- As a registered user of the Career Launch portal by the Telfer School of Management Career Centre, you have the ability to post your own job opportunities.
- Job postings are linked to an individuals account, not an organization.
- Please refer to the Employer Recruitment Policy for details on the types of positions that are acceptable to post.
- Login to your account using your email address as your username. If you don’t remember your password, you can reset it on the Career Launch landing page.
- If you don’t have an account, you must create an account by filling out the Registration Request Form on the Career Launch landing page.
- Select the Post a Job button on the top of your dashboard or in the left hand menu.
- Select the language(s) of the posting. You may post in either or both English and French. If you choose the bilingual option, you will be prompted to enter the information for the English version first and then followed by the French.
- The organization and contact information will be mapped from your account profile.
Please note: In Career Launch, the default contact information for your job postings is your account contact information. Should you not be the primary contact for a specific posting, you can customize the contact information.
- Enter any missing fields. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Job Posting Information
- A term must be identified for each posting. Terms are defined as the year in which the candidate hired will be starting the position.
- Enter the fields and job posting details. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- You may identify the targeted programs based on the job postings requirements. Simply select the program and click the Add button.
- Based on the selected program, the program options will be automatically selected. You can choose to remove any of the targeted options by selecting them and clicking the Remove button.
Application Delivery Options
- You have two options for application delivery:
- Access applications on the Career Launch portal.
- Applications must be submitted online through an organization website.
- If you selected On Career Launch, you have the following three options:
- All applications are sent to the email specified in the posting after the application deadline is closed. All applications will be saved in the system and only released and sent by email immediately after the deadline is closed.
- Each application is sent to the specified email address as students apply. This options allows employers to get an email after each application is submitted.
- No email is sent but the applications are saved in the Career Launch portal.
- If you choose On Organization Website, simply enter the direct link to the posting.
- Specify a specific application deadline, date and time.
- Select the application documents required (i.e. resumé, cover letter and/or transcript).
- Enter any additional application information in the remaining text field.
Language(s) (continued), Revision and Submitting Posting
- If the posting was only in one language, simply select Submit Posting for Approval.
- If it is a bilingual posting, select Proceed to French version.
- The French version of the posting form will appear and all the content from the English form will be transferred. Enter the French content in the appropriate fields, including the following:
- Description de poste
- Renseignements supplémentaires sur le processus de candidature
- Once complete, select Submit Posting for Approval.
- Job postings will be reviewed and approved / declined within 48 working hours.
- A notification email will be sent whether the posting as been approved or declined.
Updates, Modifications and Cancellations
- You can log into your account at any time to update or modify your posting.
- Modifications and updates will require re-approval following the same 48 working hours’ guidelines.
- You can cancel a posting at any time.
Reposting a Job
- You can repost a previously submitted job easily.
- If the job has expired, you can simply select Repost Job and modify the job posting form and resubmit for approval.
- You can also copy a previously submitted posting by selecting Copy Posting.
Should you have any difficulties or questions, please contact the Telfer Career Centre at