About the Program
This program is part of the Certificate in Complex Project & Procurement Leadership and may be taken as part of the certificate program or on a stand-alone basis. Please visit the main page for the Certificate in Complex Project & Procurement Leadership for more information.
This five-day program is designed to radically alter how you view complex project management and give you strategies and methodologies for thriving in the face of increasing uncertainty and change. The program positions contemporary complex project management at a strategic level where projects and project portfolios are examined within a broad environmental context. In this model, strategic and holistic thinking are necessary, and must be integrated with the many other disciplines of effective complex project management. Project managers are charged with strategically managing these interdependencies between projects, the environment, and stakeholders, and this program will introduce new ways of mobilizing your existing expertise in these areas. Throughout the course, participants will learn about Systems Thinking through case studies and group work.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for experienced and aspiring program delivery leaders, as well as staff and leaders of enabling functions who contribute to the success of complex projects. The course will benefit senior and aspiring project managers, key project management staff, commercial managers, supply chain managers, portfolio managers and key advisors in both government and industry who will bring diverse perspectives to complex program management.
What You Will Learn
- How the wider environment affects decisions about the management of complex projects;
- Holistic approaches to problem solving;
- The Soft Systems Methodology for dealing with diverse stakeholder priorities;
- How to design solutions to complex problems that are inclusive, comprehensive, and fair.
- Strategies for implementing the learning into the workplace;
- An ability to make sense of complex problems using Soft Systems Methodology;
- Tools to challenge project/program boundaries and taken for granted assumptions using critical systems heuristics.
Stéphane Tywoniak, Ph.D.
- Registration Deadline
The program is full and registration is now closed. Missed your chance to sign up? Please contact us at email@example.com to be placed on a waitlist.
Cohort 15: In-Person
Cohort 16: In-Person
Cohort 15: October 31 to November 2, 2022
Cohort 16: November 7-9, 2022
$2,800 + HST
Cancellation & Payment Policy
- More Information
Our programs and certificates can be delivered to your employees and tailored to fit your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your needs, please contact us.