About the Program
Boards can be complex. Directors must understand their role to make a lasting impact and fulfill their fiduciary obligations to the board they serve. The first step is to gain an appreciation for the principles of board governance.
The ICD-Rotman Governance Essentials Program (GEP) is an intensive two-day program focused on the key accountabilities, responsibilities and critical skills of board directors. Developed with the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management, the GEP equips participants with the fundamentals of board governance through team-based learning, enhancing their contributions to board discussions and boosting their effectiveness as directors.
Scholarship Supported by:
Who Should Attend?
This course is for newly appointed board directors and senior executives seeking to gain a deeper understanding of governance in the boardroom.
This course provides a learning environment that balances diversity, experience, and the ability of participants to contribute positively within the group. There are no admission requirements for this program however, space is on a first come, first serve basis.
What You Will Learn
After completing all components of the course, participants will:
- Understand the fiduciary responsibilities of directors and boards
- Understand the duty of care expected of directors in board decision-making
- Recognize the many applications of the generative, strategic, and fiduciary governance models
- Better understand the dynamics of group decision-making in a boardroom environment
- Increase understanding of governance best practices to be better prepared for board meetings
- Have the opportunity to learn alongside and from director peers
To increase awareness of governance principles, participants will gain a deeper understanding of the responsibilities and duties of the board director while developing the required skills to serve more effectively.
- Clarity regarding the role and duties of a director
- Tools and strategies for exercising influence and leading change
- How the Board can lead development of the vision and strategy of the organization
Richard C. Powers
- Registration Deadline
Tuesday, May 21, 2024
June 21 - 22, 2024
$2,500 + HST
* Non-members receive a one-year non-refundable ICD membership on admission into the program
- More Information
Please contact the Institute of Corporate Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-593-7741.
Our programs and certificates can be delivered to your employees and tailored to fit your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your needs, please contact us.