613-562-5800 x 2040
The Profession of Management Consulting Program (PMCP) is a two-year development program for Telfer School of Management students interested in consulting.
An intensive selection process is undertaken to choose 12 Telfer students who are finishing the 2nd year of their Bachelor of Commerce program. These students will participate in weekly extracurricular workshops and case simulations facilitated by consulting professionals.
What is Management Consulting?
Work done by a consulting firm with the intent of advising company executives on the best ways to manage and operate their business.
WHAT CAN THE PROGRAM DO FOR ME?
The PMCP is designed to help you with the preparation, knowledge and networking experience needed to land your dream job at the consulting company of your choice.
You will be able to:
- take advantage of an introduction to and practice sessions on the five-phase consulting model;
- participate in workshops, case simulations and feedback sessions to deepen your experience and knowledge;
- expand your professional network in the consulting industry through networking opportunities with senior professionals delivering workshops and at networking events;
- develop skills required for success as a consultant;
- gain practical interview experience for the industry;
- receive customized mentorship from senior professionals working in the consulting industry;
- experience the culture within different consulting firms;
- find your fit in this industry.
You will also benefit from learning about and experiencing different types of case interviews, formats typically used in the consulting industry, as well as case simulations.
Year 1 (3rd year students)
Year 2 (4th year students)
HOW TO APPLY?
How do I become eligible for the Telfer PMCP?
The selection process to participate is competitive. You must meet the minimum requirements below and pass the essay portion of the process to be considered for an interview. At the time of application, you must:
- have completed the first- and second-year common core courses for your program option*;
- have a CGPA of 6.0 or higher after your 4th term;
- be willing to dedicate an average of 5 hours per week to activities including, but not limited to, workshops, meetings, and email exchanges with mentors and professionals (there will be no time requirement during reading weeks, exam periods and holidays);
- be available on Thursday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.;
- be fluent in English (French will be considered an asset);
- have a willingness to learn and to be an ambassador of the Telfer School of Management;
- be a full-time student.
*If you are one or two courses away, we encourage you to apply.
When do I apply for the program?
The application process for the 2018-2019 PMCP participants is now closed. If this program interests you, please contact Caroline Hannah, Relationship Manager, by email at.
Please note that the application process for 2019-2020’s cohort will open in March 2019.