613-562-5800 x 2884
What is the CAREER DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE?
Activities associated with the Certificate are designed to provide you with the self‑understanding and necessary tools to establish a meaningful career. Participating in Career Centre activities ensures that you are equipped, in addition to your academic knowledge, with career management skills to be successful at the end of your studies.
Upon completing a series of career-related activities, you will be able to obtain your Career Development Certificate!
Simply input online the Career Centre activities in which you participate:
The workshops and activities associated with the Career Development Certificate will provide you with the tools you need to find meaningful work. The certificate provides tangible value to your professional career as employers recognize the certificate as a valuable step in your career planning process.
You will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Develop strong knowledge of the job market
- Ensure your application stands out to employers
- Identify your interests and preferences
- Create a job search action plan
- Learn how to ace the interview process
- Enhance your networking skills
CAREER DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
To obtain the Career Development Certificate, you must complete 10 Career Centre activities (8 mandatory and 2 optional). Click below to see a list of Career Centre Activities:
Annual Networking Events
Students must attend one of the following two networking events:
Telfer Connects (TC)
(previously known as the 4th Year Telfer Career Convention (TCC))
Held in September for 3rd and 4th year students only
Telfer Networks (TN)
(previously known as the Telfer Networking Convention (TNC))
Held in January for all undergraduate students
- Who Am I: Self-assessment and Career Testing
- Jump Start Your Job Search
- Rock Your Resumé
- Ace Your Interview
- Network Like a Pro
Previously known as:
- Self-Understanding, Career Planning and Testing Workshop
- Career Search Strategies Workshop
- Resumé Workshop
- Interview Skills Workshop)
- Networking Strategies Workshop)
- Individual Resumé Critique
(with a Career Counsellor or Advisor)
- Individual Practice Interview
(with a Career Counsellor)
- Social Media / Intro to LinkedIn
- Making a Good First Impression
- Job Search for International Students
"Let's Talk" Series
(Previously known as Clinics or the 101 Series)
- Let’s Talk Resumés
- Let’s Talk Interviews
- Let’s Talk Networking
With a Career Counsellor
- Self-understanding and Career Awareness
- Goal Setting and Career Planning
- General Job Search Strategies
With a Relationship Manager
- Networking and Exploring the Hidden Job Market
- Targeted Job Search Strategies
- Industry Information
Special Employer Activities
- Resumé Day: Rapid Resumé Reviews by Professionals
- Interview Day: Speed Interviews with Professionals
Mentorship and Development Programs
- Ambassador Program
- Telfer BCom Internship Program
- Connexions Program
- Capital Markets Program
- Professional of Management Consulting Program
- International Career Mentorship Program
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
Simply enroll to the certificate on CAREER LAUNCH under the Mentorship and Development Programs tab found on the left-hand menu or by selecting the Sign up for a Program tab found on your dashboard.
- Enroll in the certificate by clicking the "Enroll" button above.
- Register to the associated events through the Calendar of Events or book an appointment by filling out the Appointment Request Form (tab located at the top of your dashboard).
- Attend (and be sure to sign in).
- The Career Launch portal will automatically track your events and activities.
- When you are near the completion of the activities, a message will prompt you to schedule an appointment with our Career Counsellor in order to review your progress.
- The Career Development Certificates are awarded in March each year at the invitation-only Career Centre Celebration event.