May 27, 2012, marked the beginning of the 8th Annual Canadian Leadership Orientation Program hosted by the Telfer School of Management. This initiative is a week long program on Canada for top MBA students from across the U.S. and Mexico. Also, 14 Telfer MBA students and 4 uOttawa Political Science Students will be participating.
Funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada and TD Bank Financial, this year's program will examine current North American economic, business, and political linkages from a Canadian perspective and explore some of the challenges and issues on the horizon. The program will feature a number of senior officials, diplomats, politicians and academic experts from Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, as well as senior executives from Canadian companies doing business in North America.
This year's program will include sessions by Senator Pamela Wallin, Dr. Jeff Turnbull, Chief of Staff, Ottawa Hospital, Harley Finkelstein, Shopify, Francis Bailett, UBISOFT Montreal, Rob White of IBM and Louise Wendling of COSTCO Wholesale Canada.
Some of the schools represented in the program are:
- Harvard Business School, Harvard University
- Yale School of Management, Yale University
- Haas School of Business, University of California-Berkley
- The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Georgia Tech College of Management, The Goerogia Institute of Technology
- Poole College of Management, North Carolina State University
- SMU COX School of Business, Southern Methodist University
- Broad College of Business, Michigan State University
- ITESM, Monterrey Institute of technology and Higher Education
- EGADE Business School, Monterrey Institute of technology and Higher Education
- IPADE Business School, universidad Panamericana