The CGA Ontario Intopia Strategy Simulation is an exciting and integrative learning opportunity for BCom students as part of their 4th year Strategic Management class.
From November 9 to 11, more than 200 students in 38 teams participated in this simulation at the Telfer School of Management’s Desmarais Building.
Congratulations to the members of the winning team:
- Jessica Cole
- Lea Lacoste
- Michelle Roberts
- Marc Roessler
- Mateusz Stachura
- Charles-André Therrien
Individual awards were also presented to these three students:
- MVP – Most Valuable Player: Pat Chiarello (Team 23)
- Best Negotiator: Jessica James (Team 33)
- Most Congenial Player: Ian McCarter (Team 15)
Top teams were also recognized for having the best strategy in their respective categories:
- Component Producers: Angel Beath, Nolan Kargesm, Scott Lough, Joshua Mantil, Laura Veitch (Team 38)
- Finished Goods Producers: Jessica Cole, Lea Lacoste, Michelle Roberts, Marc Roessler, Mateusz Stachura, Charles-André Therrien (Team 24)
- Integrated Firms: Katie Baxter, Elanor Boyle-Stanley, Azra Meghji, Sidrah Ramzan, Matthew Smith (Team 12)
- Wholesalers: Shawn Gagnon, Claude Gilbert, Corey Lamarche (Team 37)
The CGA Ontario Intopia Strategy Simulation has been a component of the 4th year strategy course for close to 20 years. It aims to teach students the concepts of strategic management in a simulated online world known as Intopia. The simulation allows students to practice their skills in a concentrated amount of time where they can get immediate feedback on their decisions.
This capstone activity has recently been renamed to recognize CGA Ontario’s comprehensive contribution of $370,000 to the Telfer School to support students, teaching and research.
Photo: Michelle Roberts, Mateusz Stachura, Lea Lacoste, Charles-André Therrien, Jessica Nicole, Marc Roessler.