About the challenge
The CFA Equity Research Challenge is a great opportunity to apply classroom theory to a real situation. The objective of the competition is to conduct a valuation for a given company by undertaking research on the economy, the sector, the firm and its environment. You will need to submit a written report of your findings. The top four contestants will be invited to make a presentation to an expert panel.
- Learn best practices in research and report writing
- Real-life learning experience as a Sell-Side Equity Analyst
- Gain access and exposure to leading industry professionals
- Professional report and experience can be featured on resume/CV and in job interviews
- Valuable prizes
- Potential for media exposure
The winner will walk away with a paid summer internship at Export and Development Canada. The runners-up will also receive awards and prizes.
October 20, 2010 – Registration deadline
October 22, 2010 – Company to be evaluated is revealed
January 7, 2011 – Due date for written reports
January 24, 2011 – Announcement of finalists
March 1, 2011 – Final presentations for the finalists
Please note that to be eligible for the competition, you must graduate no earlier than December 2011.