7th ANNUAL MBA DIVERSITY & INCLUSION CASE CHALLENGE
Connecting leaders to reimagine business for an inclusive and sustainable, global future.
The University of Ottawa's Telfer School of Management, in partnership with Export Development Canada (EDC) and Deloitte presents the 7th annual MBA Diversity & Inclusion Case Challenge.
For the last 6 years, we have been committed to creating a competition - and stimulating a conversation - about Diversity and Inclusion. This year, we are elevating the conversation to the next level - challenging all of us to reimagine how business might address wicked, global problem(s) - for a more inclusive and equitable future. Together, through the challenge, we will create an experience where we:
- connect deeply with one another as leaders and human beings;
- learn new ways of doing business, where inclusivity is at the core;
- network, collaborate, and share our best insights for driving real impact and change.
Live, in person, challenge in Ottawa Friday March 3rd and Saturday March 4th 2023 in Ottawa.
Register your team (4 MBA students) to learn more and ensure your spot in this exclusive event.
$800 early bird team registration fee. Registration fee of $1000 will be charged after November 22, 2022.
MBA teams from universities across Canada will compete to solve a unique challenge for the chance to win $10,000 in prizes for the top teams.
NEW THIS YEAR: Join us for our exclusive launch event on November 19, 2022 leading up to our live event in March 2023 in Ottawa!
- One MBA team of 4 members per university
- Maximum of 16 MBA teams
- Teams will be registered on a first come first serve basis
- November 19th launch event will give a preview into the case challenge - an opportunity to engage with others, gain insights from experts, and start thinking about how you might approach the topic
- Competition challenge to be released February 10th, 2023
$10,000 available in prizes to the top teams!
Time : 10AM EST – NOON
Location : Online
Cost : Free
Join us on for the Challenge kick-off event where you will:
- learn more about the challenge you’ll be asked to work on during the live competition in March 2023
- hear from experts outlining the major challenges and issues that the March competition will focus on
- network with organizers, sponsors and competing schools
You won’t hear about the actual Case Challenge yet, but you’ll start to engage with the broader issues!
Everyone welcome, even if you haven’t signed up to compete in March.
February 10th – Case challenge released to teams
February 17th – Executive summary submission (optional)
February 24th – Written feedback on executive summary
LIVE IN-PERSON COMPETITION SCHEDULE
Friday March 3rd 2023 – Opening Ceremony
- Welcome, check-in, networking and reception
Saturday March 4th 2023 – Competition Day
- Presentations (Round 1: Presentation of Executive Summary & Round 2: Full Presentation)
- Feedback, coaching, and mentoring
- Keynote address, Finalist presentations
- Reception, gala and awards
$800 early bird registration fee. Registration fee of $1000 will be charged after November 22, 2022.
Registration fee includes hotel accommodation (2 rooms per team).
For any additional information please contact:
Specialist, Academic Success and Student Experience, Graduate Programs