Our mission is to provide a service that builds, develops, and maintains successful partnerships between students, alumni and employers by creating networking opportunities and facilitating the employers’ recruitment process, while enhancing student career management skills.
Students who are eligible for our services
Only the following current or recently graduated regular Telfer School of Management students are eligible for our services since the Centre is funded by them:
- Telfer Undergraduate Certificates
- MBA Diploma
Please note: MHA, MSc, EMBA, Engineering Management and out of faculty (including business minors) students are not eligible for our services.
With Career Centre Staff
Meet with a career professional for a 30-minute drop-in session to:
- ask a career question
- get advice and feedback about your job search
- find out about career development and job search resources and supports you can access
- get quick tips for your resumé or cover letter
September through November
January through March
- Every Thursday afternoon, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., at the Student Services Centre (DMS 1100)
No registration is required. This service will be on a first come, first served basis and is not meant to replace the variety of one-on-one appointments we offer.
With Ambassadors (Peer Career Advisors)
Career Centre Ambassadors are students trained in providing information to fellow students about our programs, directing students to available resources and serving as a first point of contact for students seeking career-related information. When it comes to navigating career exploration, other students have been just where you are — and you can benefit from their experience.
These student ambassadors can help you with:
- Peer-to-peer career advising
- Resumé or cover letter reviews
- LinkedIn critiques
- Interview tips and practice
- Networking advice
- Every Wednesday morning, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., in DMS 2111
No registration is required. This service will be on a first come, first served basis and is not meant to replace the variety of one-on-one appointments offered by Career Centre professionals.