Student Services Centre
The role of the Student Services Centre (SSC) is to support and work with students throughout their studies at the Telfer School of Management, from the time of admission until graduation with our Career Centre continuing to assist beyond graduation.
The SSC offers a variety of services through our Undergraduate Office, the International Exchange Program and Scholarships, the Telfer School’s Career Centre, and the Student Experience and Recruitment Office.
The focus of the Undergraduate Office centres on everything academic. Whether it be for a course you need to register or are trying to ensure you are set for graduation, our Undergraduate office is there to provide insight every step of your academic journey.
What can an academic officer do for me?
- Provide accurate knowledge about the University’s regulations, policies and procedures.
- Support on appropriate course selection.
- Provide guidance to request equivalencies based on your prior studies.
- Inform you on possible international exchange programs and scholarships.
- Inform you about services available at uOttawa to support your personal goals.
- Direct you to the resources that will help you meet your academic and career goals.
What can an academic advisor do for me?
- Provide accurate knowledge about the requirements of your program and other programs offered at the University.
- Guide you as you make decisions about your academic program and help you ensure that your degree requirements are satisfied systematically.
- Prepare an individualized academic plan.
- Evaluate exception requests and appeals.
- Act as a resource if difficulties arise that affect your academic and career goals.
International Exchanges Program
Thinking about studying abroad? You can work with our team to learn more about the Telfer School’s International Exchange Program and consult documentation on our international partners.
There are scholarships available exclusively for students of the Telfer School. Each scholarship has its own eligibility criteria and deadline. Our team can show you where to find these scholarships and how to apply to them.
If you are registered in our undergraduate or MBA program, the Telfer Career Centre specializes in offering a variety of services and events to support you in your career journey.
Login to Career Launch for exclusive access to activities, programs, and tools, such as:
- An up-to-date Calendar of Events,
- Our Job Board that links to employment possibilities in all business areas,
- Appointments with our professionals,
- Specialized mentorship and development programs, including the Career Development Certificate.
Meet with various members of the team to discuss the following:
Cover letters and resumé review
Student Experience and Recruitment
Our focus is to recruit the best students, liaise with the Telfer student clubs and offer specialized programs to our community partners.
Desmarais building, room DMS 1100
55 Laurier Avenue East
September to May
Monday to Friday: 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
June to August
Monday to Friday: 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.