Ten Thousand Coffees
Ten Thousand Coffees is a networking and mentoring platform. It strategically matches students and alumni to enable the opportunity to connect based on career goals. Whether you’re looking for insightful advice, industry-specific knowledge or tips on navigating the current job market, the uOttawa Hub can help.
How does it work?
Note: The University of Ottawa doesn’t screen the online career mentors who join the uOttawa Hub. When meeting someone in person, exercise the same caution you would when planning a face-to-face meeting with anyone you’ve connected with online (for example, meet in a public place).
Why should I join?
Over 80% of jobs are found through the hidden job market. The Ten Thousand Coffees uOttawa Hub is an opportunity to network with Telfer and other uOttawa alumni. You can:
- Get advice and support from alumni who graduated from your program
- Hear real life experiences of someone working in the industry that interests you
- Discover opportunities to advance your career
- Explore possible career options with your degree
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your Telfer and uOttawa alumni network based on your industry and interests
- Engage with your Telfer and uOttawa alumni community
As a graduate of the Telfer School of Management, you have valuable career and life experience to share. This is a chance to give back and engage with Telfer and uOttawa students and alumni community. The Ten Thousand Coffees uOttawa Hub also allows you to:
- Discover opportunities to accelerate your career.
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni.
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice.
- Build your Telfer and uOttawa alumni network based on your industry and experience.
Here are a few suggested conversation topics:
- Career goals and advice
- Academic program
- Job opportunities