Ten Thousand Coffees
Ten Thousand Coffees is a networking and mentoring platform. It strategically matches students and alumni to enable the opportunity to connect based on career goals. Whether you’re looking for insightful advice, industry-specific knowledge or tips on navigating the current job market, the uOttawa Hub can help.
How does it work?
Sign up for the uOttawa Hub and personalize your profile by selecting your program, industry, interests and goals. Your selections will influence your matches.
Check your inbox. Each month you’ll receive a new connection, plus tips on how to reach out and start the conversation.
Suggest a time to chat, in person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home. Where and how long you meet is up to you.
Note: The University of Ottawa doesn’t screen the online career mentors who join the uOttawa Hub. When meeting someone in person, exercise the same caution you would when planning a face-to-face meeting with anyone you’ve connected with online (for example, meet in a public place).
Why should I join?
Over 80% of jobs are found through the hidden job market. The Ten Thousand Coffees uOttawa Hub is an opportunity to network with Telfer and other uOttawa alumni. You can:
- Get advice and support from alumni who graduated from your program
- Hear real life experiences of someone working in the industry that interests you
- Discover opportunities to advance your career
- Explore possible career options with your degree
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your Telfer and uOttawa alumni network based on your industry and interests
- Engage with your Telfer and uOttawa alumni community
As a graduate of the Telfer School of Management, you have valuable career and life experience to share. This is a chance to give back and engage with Telfer and uOttawa students and alumni community. The Ten Thousand Coffees uOttawa Hub also allows you to:
- Discover opportunities to accelerate your career.
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni.
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice.
- Build your Telfer and uOttawa alumni network based on your industry and experience.
Here are a few suggested conversation topics:
- Career goals and advice
- Academic program
- Job opportunities