Management Consulting Project (MCP) Overview
Are you interested in working with high-caliber MBA students to address, and propose solutions to problems or issues of importance within your organization? Our MBA Consulting Management Project is an opportunity for your organizations to receive quality-consulting services from motivated, highly qualified and experienced MBA students.
For over 15 years, we have worked with various firms from all sectors to identify strategic dilemmas, to formulate recommendations to address these challenges, and to assist in implementing solutions.
- Get exceptional value.
- Grow your business and enhance your performance by accessing unique resources and expertise.
- Bring a different perspective and find the most effective solution to specific situations that your organization is facing.
- Opportunity for businesses to evaluate potential employees.
- Qualified and experienced MBA students, willing to work on a specific project for 600-1000 hours.
MBA Student's Profile
Our highly motivated MBA students are eager to help your organization achieve its goals through a specific project.
Our MBA students have a diverse range of professional and educational background. They have between 3 and 20 years of work experience in various fields including banking, information technology, government, management and engineering.
Their already well-developed skill set, combined with MBA courses in statistics, marketing, accounting and other relevant topics ensure students have a quality base of theory and technical skills to take on the challenging projects that will provide meaningful results for you.
Management Consulting Project teams have access to the Telfer School of Management’s library, Bloomberg terminals, business analytics infrastructure, over 70 professors who are experts in various fields, and our soon to be created “Internet of Things” laboratory to help their hosts with research and analysis.
Hear What Our Clients Have to Say
“We got to work with a group of people that have new ideas, energy, and passion for the work they are doing. They obviously brought a lot of enthusiasm to the table and had some great ideas.”
“The students behaved professionally and it was nice to have an energetic, professional group of students to discuss organizational questions with. Also, without their time and effort, it would have been very difficult to analyze certain problems.”
Sample of Companies that Work with our Students
- Bank of Canada
- Bell Canada
- Boomerang Kids
- Bosik Technologies Inc.
- Canadian Nature Federation (Nature Canada)
- Canada Science and Techmology Museums Corporation
- Canadian Soccer Association
- Celtic Tech Jet
- Centre for Innovation Social Enterprise Development
- Cirque du Soleil
- DFAIT - Strategic Initiatives Division
- Environnement Canada
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Grandmaître Marina
- Hydro Ottawa
- MacMillan Binch L.L.P.
- MD Financial Management
- Mitel Networks
- National Capital Institute of Telecommunications
- National Research Council of Canada
- Ocean Management Research Network
- Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation
- Ottawa Senators
- Queensway Carleton Hospital
- Royal Oak
- Suzuki Music
- The Ottawa Citizen
- The Work
- Vanguard Response Systems Inc.
Examples of Management Consulting Project
- Development of a Growth Strategy for a Small Information Technology Security Consulting Firm
- Competitive Analysis and Scalable Growth Strategy
- Feasibility Study & Market Entry Strategy for a securities company
- Commercialization of a professional training software
- Develop a formalized businesses process & plan for a company’s long-term sustainability in their market.
- Investigating a new line of revenue streams
- Strategies for New Operating Models in the Federal Government
- Development of business strategy for entry of a cosmetic company into China
- Mergers and Acquisition Analysis
- Cross-Country Comparison: Export Commercialization
- Marketing and Strategic Analysis
Significance: Project should be of importance to the company. Results should be reviewed at a senior level within the firm.
Content: Opportunity should call for research, analysis and recommendations, as well as written and oral presentations.
Multidisciplinary: Project should require multi‑disciplinary application of skills. The project should reflect more than one functional area. For example, projects that need only a marketing plan but no financial analysis would not be good candidates.
Focus/Scope: Opportunity must have a well-defined, manageable issue or problem. The scope needs to be large enough for a team of 3-5 MBA students and be doable in a 4-months timeframe.
Students earn academic credits towards their degree, therefore there is only a nominal fee of $500 for private for-profit companies and government departments and agencies and $250 for not-for-profit organizations. In addition, MCP clients are expected to cover expenses related to the project, as agreed upon with the project team.
Duration of Work
On average, each student spends roughly 200 hours working on the project, so a team of 3-5 would spend between 600-1000 hours on your MCP) over a period of 16 weeks (January-April or May-August)
Academic Success & Student Experience Team
Tel.: 613-562- 5884