Gender-Smart Entrepreneurship Education & Training Plus
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced small business support organisations and educational institutions to re-think how they deliver entrepreneurship education and training. The unprecedented transition to online delivery methods presents an opportunity to create more inclusive entrepreneurship courses, programs and small business support services.
Authored by Dr. Barbara Orser and Dr. Catherine Elliott, Gender-Smart Entrepreneurship Education & Training Plus (GEET+) presents a toolkit of resources to support inclusive entrepreneurship education and training. Telfer faculty are also collaborating with global knowledge partners, such as Women’s Economic Initiative, to adopt insights from this ground-breaking report and strengthen the design and delivery of entrepreneurship courses and programs.
Download the GEET+ report to learn about practices to bolster inclusive entrepreneurship education and training
- The GEET+ framework can be used by instructors and trainers to self-assess entrepreneurship and small business courses.
- Program managers can use the GEET+ scorecard to evaluate equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in program and advisory services, and to construct action plans to address course, program and organization-level gaps.
- Action plans can be tailored to leverage good practices and prioritize components of the GEET+ framework that need development.
- Performance indicators can be used to monitor the impact of interventions.
- Policymakers, funders and advocates can draw on the GEET+ scorecard to design performance indicators to hold delivery agencies accountable for inclusion.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH