About the Program
Wellbeing and resilience are critical for leadership success and a vital part to a leader’s business strategy. Developing the skill of wellbeing within yourself and the teams you lead is the key to a healthy and happy workplace.
This highly interactive workshop will aid in nurturing and building wellbeing as a leadership skill and strategy, using a blend of theory and practice backed by evidence-based research. Participants will identify emerging issues and demands of leading during times of change, and explore mindful, positive ways to lead by example. Participants will learn the benefits of honing wellbeing as a leadership skill, and its value to enhance a positive mind-set shift in employees across the organization, through a positive psychology framework and coaching lens. Participants will examine - and build upon - a comprehensive leadership wellbeing plan, and create actionable building blocks to integrate learning through self-reflection, practices and group exercises. Participants will implement their plan with the support of the facilitator and peers through an online platform for four weeks of continued learning after the in-class session, and will conclude with a one-hour webinar.
Who Should Attend?
Leaders at all levels in public and private sectors who are seeking sustainable ways to lead, but just can’t seem to find the time or make it a priority. Those who aspire to lead and influence an organizational culture of wellbeing, resilience, compassion, and mindfulness will also benefit greatly from this program.
What You Will Learn
- 4 key areas of leadership wellbeing: psychological, physical, social and spiritual
- Tools, resources, and actions to ‘self-care’ while maintaining focus and build an unshakeable core of resilience
- How self-care actions contribute to your wellbeing and the ability to navigate through adversity
- How to enhance positive mind-set shift in employees through a positive psychology framework
- Learn how mindfulness is foundational to self-awareness, self-management, and emotional agility
- Dialogue with other leaders on exploring compassionate ways of leading that prioritize wellbeing & people first
- New skills and insights to develop into a leader who instils and inspires wellbeing and resilience into the heart of how they lead
- Strategies to model leadership qualities and behaviours, like compassion and mindfulness that cultivate a healthier and happier workforce
- Practical self-care tools to be calm, focused and resilient, during times of chaos and uncertainty
- Increased connection to self and others through greater self-awareness and meaningful dialogue
- A comprehensive leadership wellbeing with actionable steps to support mindful positive change
- Registration Deadline
January 8, 2021
February 8-9, 2021
$1,800 + HST
Cancellation & Payment Policy
2 days on-site (each day is 8:00am – 4:30pm) followed by 4 weeks online and concluding with a 1-hour webinar.
- More Information
Telfer School of Management
Centre for Executive Leadership
99 Bank Street, Suite 200
Ottawa ON K1P 6B9
Our programs and certificates can be delivered to your employees and tailored to fit your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your needs, please contact us.