About the Program
The Not-For-Profit Governance Essentials Program (NFP Program) is an intensive two-day program taught by prominent faculty from Canada’s leading business schools and some of our country’s most accomplished directors. This innovative program will provide learning on key accountabilities and responsibilities of not-for-profit leaders by making extensive use of team-based, facilitated learning to ensure that participants learn not only from faculty but also from their peers. This program is delivered by the Telfer School of Management in partnership with the ICD and the Rotman School of Management, and with the sponsorship of TELUS and RBC Foundation.
Who Should Attend?
- Directors and board members of both small and large not-for-profits
- CEOs and executive directors of small and large not-for-profits
- Individuals who have demonstrated experience with, or a desire to become involved in, the governance of not-for-profit organizations
What You Will Learn
- A greater appreciation of the not-for-profit sector and its importance to Canada
- An understanding of principal roles and duties of a Director
- Models of governance and the Board role in setting the vision and strategy
- How to influence and lead change
- How to manage stakeholder relations
- Clarity regarding the role and duties of a director
- Best practices and checklists for boards in the not-for-profit sector
- Tools and strategies for exercising influence and leading change
- How the Board can lead development of the vision and strategy of the organization
Richard C. Powers
There are no courses currently scheduled. Please visit the ICD website for more information on this program.
$2,500 + HST
- Monday from 8:00am – 5:00pm; Tuesday from 8:00am – 5:00pm including a Graduation Ceremony.
- More Information
Please contact the Institute of Corporate Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-593-7741.
Our programs and certificates can be delivered to your employees and tailored to fit your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your needs, please contact us.