About the Program
Telfer’s program is a unique response to the learning and development needs that we have heard expressed by change leaders that we work with. Our highly experiential, hands-on approach to learning helps leaders effectively plan and implement new and ongoing change initiatives. Our team will work intensively with participants through a series of modules that covers step-by-step strategies, tools and techniques as well as offers real-time advice and coaching on scoping a real workplace initiative, engaging key stakeholders and integrating change into the ongoing operating context, taking into account the unique realities of public sector organizations. In addition to our typical focus on the practice of leadership, our partnership with Prosci will bring a proven change methodology to the program and will provide additional e-learning modules for participants to access.
This is not a project management program. This program is a series of workshops which build on one another, designed to introduce concepts while offering real-time clinics where our expert advisors and fellow participants can offer strategic advice on how to move forward with your change initiative. From our experience, there is no standardized recipe or toolkit for managing change, but there are a number of important principles, frameworks, approaches and leadership behaviors that lead to success. With this in mind, we have created a program that it is customized and responsive to the particular issues and questions that leaders bring forward while leading change initiatives.
We encourage you to download the information package for full program details and the 6-day agenda.
In partnership with:
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for leaders and teams in the public sector, primarily at the Manager or Director level (i.e., in the Federal Public Service, leaders at the EX minus 1, EX 1 level, or equivalent), who have an official or unofficial role as a change agent within their organizational unit.
Before registration is considered complete, applicants will be contacted by one of the program facilitators to ensure that this program aligns with the stage and scale of their current change initiative.
Where there is a change team already established, we strongly encourage multiple members of the team to attend. Team members attending simultaneously will be eligible for a discounted tuition price.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the 6-month process, participants will have achieved the following outcomes:
- You will be comfortable with a variety of methods and frameworks that can effectively support change initiatives and will be equipped to select and/or adapt the right tools for your own change initiative.
- You will be comfortable with a variety of strategies and tools for dealing with resistance and obstruction and for assessing risk while managing a change process.
- You will be able to communicate your chosen strategies and methods for leading your change initiative to stakeholders, to clients, to change teams and to senior executives that you wish to engage and will be confident in your ability as a change leader.
- Clarify your personal principles for change
- Analyze the scope and impact of your initiative - targeting key players and stakeholder groups that need to be involved
- Develop your change strategy so that it clearly aligns with organizational requirements/strategy
- Identify approaches to address resistance and support system-wide learning
- Apply concepts and frameworks to specifically tailor your change strategy
- Strengthen your personal change leadership skills – including communication skills (e.g. building a shared vision), influencing skills and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Develop a deeper understanding of how to work with organizational culture while integrating and normalizing change
Ingrid Richter, Ph.D.
Executive in Residence
Executive in Residence
Christina Tector, MEd
We are excited to deliver this program in a virtual learning format, starting on September 16, 2020. Our team is committed to the exciting challenge of providing high caliber experiential learning in a virtual space during this unprecedented time.
- Registration Deadline
This Program is full - registration has now been closed. If you are interested in this Program and were looking to register, please contact us at executiveprograms
@telfer.uottawa.ca to be placed on a waitlist. Dates for the next offering in Spring 2021 will be announced soon!
This program will take place on Wednesday's in a Virtual Learning format. Sessions will be from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Orientation: September 16, 2020 - 8:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m.
Module 1: September 23, 2020
Module 2: October 21, 2020
Module 3: November 18, 2020
Module 4: December 16, 2020
Module 5: January 13, 2021
Module 6: February 10, 2021
Integration and Consolidation: February 17, 2021
$7,200 + HST
Payment & cancellation policy
For participants who attend as part of an established team, each team member will receive a discount, for a registration price of $6,500 + HST.
- More Information
Our programs and certificates can be delivered to your employees and tailored to fit your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your needs, please contact us.