About the Program
Canada’s most successful public institutions are served by leaders that are inspired by a desire to build a better and more prosperous country. Telfer’s Public Sector Leaders Program (TPSLP) is designed to ignite your passion for leadership. You will benefit from:
- A deeper awareness of your leadership style and strengths, of the future demands on Public Service leaders and the leadership needs of your organization, workforce and partners;
- A greater sense of purpose with a committed team and stakeholders prepared to lead meaningful change; and
- A strong understanding of being a strategic and authentic leader, who aligns your work group with your organization in pursuit of broad strategic goals.
As a participant in the program you will embark on a leadership journey becoming self‐aware of your leadership capabilities, learning how to access important strategic insights and acquiring practical knowledge that you can apply both during and immediately after the program. The program design makes extensive use of group activities, discussions and peer learning groups so that there is ample time for you to reflect on, and adapt insights to your specific circumstances.
The program consists of a ½ day Orientation followed by three modules. In between modules, you will have individual assignments and sessions of with your peer learning group. Each participant will complete a 360 Assessment and have an individual debrief by a certified coach. Throughout the course of the program, you will receive three more one-on-one coaching sessions with the same coach to develop your Learning Agenda. One session will take place between each module and will be scheduled between you and your coach. The design is based on leading practices in executive education which underpin our many successful programs for public sector clients.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for executives in the public sector, primarily at the EX 1-2 level (or equivalent). TPSLP is particularly appropriate for those executives who believe their career is at an inflection point and want to prepare for future challenges. Post-secondary education or equivalent professional designation is expected. Program instruction is in English, but resource materials are available also in French as much as possible.
What You Will Learn
- Awareness of leadership styles and preferences and the leadership challenges facing the public service
- Strategies for gaining influence, building engagement and nurturing partnerships
- How to design and lead focused change initiatives
- Confidence as an authentic leader, expressing and acting on your leadership goals
- How to establish and communicate strategic direction, aligned with corporate goals
You will acquire new skills, tools and insight to
- be more authentic, confident and purposeful in your leadership.
- engage and motivate teams, leading purposeful change effectively.
- be more strategic and focused in your leadership fully aligned with organizational goals
Ingrid Richter, Ph.D.
Executive in Residence
- Registration Deadline
Friday, January 7, 2022
- Virtual Program
- Program Timeline
This program starts with a 360 Assessment beginning Thursday, February 3, 2022.
Orientation: Wednesday, March 9, 2022
A detailed program schedule will be available soon.
A final program schedule will be provided to the participant a minimum of three (3) weeks prior to the start of the program. The participant will receive the link(s) to join the virtual session(s) in a welcome email, at minimum one (1) week prior to the start of the program.
$8,700 + HST
Cancellation & Payment Policy
- More Information
Our programs and certificates can be delivered to your employees and tailored to fit your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your needs, please contact us.