Executive Coaching & Assessment Services
Telfer Executive Programs offers a suite of professional executive coaching services as part of its portfolio of leadership development services. Our coaching services include:
- Executive Leadership Coaching provided by our roster of certified coaching professionals
- Psychometric and 360 degree feedback assessments provided by certified assessment professionals
All of our executive coaching services are designed to aid and support our clients in their personal and professional development, in their preparation for advancement within their organization and in their efforts to develop their leadership potential in the communities and organizations in which they work. Our coaches are experienced working with clients at the executive level or a senior leadership role in their organizations. Coaching services are tailored to the needs of each client and can provide an essential mode of support in their personal and professional development plan.
What is Executive Leadership Coaching?
Coaching is a relationship between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals. An executive coach is a qualified professional that works with executives and senior to help them gain self-awareness, clarify goals, achieve their development objectives, unlock their potential, and act as a sounding board. They are not consultants and they are not therapists and usually refrain from giving advice or solving their clients' problems. Instead, professional coaches ask questions to help executives clarify and solve their own problems.
The focus of Executive Leadership Coaching can be varied depending on an individual’s motivations for seeking coaching. From our experience, coaching engagements can be positioned on a spectrum from a focus on performance and skill development to a focus on a more fundamental and transformational experience. Examples can include:
- Performance-based Coaching: for those who wish to address specific skills and behaviours that they need to shift to perform optimally in their current role.
- Developmental Coaching: for those who are seeking a broad focus to address barriers and requirements for advancement and/or career development.
- Transformational Coaching: for those who are motivated to dive deeper into an exploration of their life and vocational purpose, their driving and motivating intentions for their leadership and the legacy and impact that they wish to have on their families, their communities and their organizations.
What to Expect in the Coaching Process
Coaching will help you discover and identify priorities and objectives for the work that you may need to do to better understand your leadership behaviours and the corresponding impact on your performance and effectiveness. Sessions will be focused on supporting you to reflect on changes that you wish to make.
Your coach will help you better understand what drives you, or has you thinking, reacting or behaving in specific ways, and identify and create opportunities for growth. You will need to be ready to commit the time and effort to “do the work” as no one can do that work for you. The evolution of your coaching relationship ensures that it addresses and supports your unique needs and will inform strategies that both you and your coach create together while moving forward in your learning and development.
Credentials of our Coaches
All Telfer coaches have obtained professional credentials and certifications to support their work as professional coaches. These credentials include certification as a PCC (professional certified coach) with the International Coach Federation, certification in one or more assessment tools, and extensive hours of professional experience in coaching.
Psychometric and 360o Assessments
Leadership Assessments Available at Telfer:
- The Leadership Circle® (LCP) 360
- Emotional Intelligence Quotient® (EQ-i2.0®)
- The Leadership Effectiveness Analysis™ (LEA) & LEA 360™
- Emotional Intelligence Appraisal® Me Edition
- The Birkman Method®
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)®
Team or Organizational Coaching
If you have a large group of employees who you would like to experience a coordinated and integrated coaching program, Telfer has the capacity to engage in larger-scale coaching programs at an organizational level to support culture change, leadership team alignment and professional development, etc.