Seed/start-up companies are invited to a unique opportunity working with the Telfer Executive MBA program. For a six-week period starting in September 2019, your company could be paired with one of six teams from the University of Ottawa's Telfer Executive MBA program that will help you create two key business tools – a Business Plan and an Investor Package – culminating with an investors’ pitch to a panel of investors at the Telfer Centre for Executive Leadership. This opportunity was created to foster entrepreneurship and to help the growth of Canadian technology start-ups. “Signature Series of Six Business Consulting Projects” is the hallmark of the Telfer Executive MBA program and this business consulting engagement is one of the six projects.
Our Program has many successes to date, with close to 60% of presentations leading to follow-up meetings with investors. We are looking for twelve (12) Seed/Start-Ups to compete for six (6) spots in our “School Your Start-Up Pitch-Fest”.
This business consulting engagement is one of the many ways that our program contributes to the growth of our business community and this is done on a ‘pro bono’ basis. All shared information will be fully protected under a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
How your company would benefit:
- A 6-week collaboration with a team of successful Telfer Executive MBA candidates that have extensive and diverse business experience that is focused on moving your company forward;
- Creation of two key business tools – a Business Plan and an Investor Package – to help you attract capital investment;
- Strategic feedback and suggestions provided by leading professionals and industry practitioners;
- A pitch delivered to a panel of investors on October 18th, 8:00 am – 11:30 am
Application closes on June 28th, 2019 and will be reviewed by a panel that includes team representatives, key alumni of the program and senior leadership of Telfer Executive MBA Program. Selected Seed/Start-ups would be notified shortly thereafter.
To qualify, your Seed/Start-Up should be:
- Seeking capital investment funding within the next 18 months;
- Available to engage with the Executive MBA team between September 2rd and October 18th, 2019;
- Available for the Pitch-Fest on July 25th and for the investor pitch on October 18th, 2019;
- Available for two off-line discussions between September 2th and October 18th, one on Business Plan and the other on Investors Package;
- Headquartered in Canada
“School Your Start-Up Pitch-Fest” format:
- The event will be held at the program’s facility in Ottawa, Suite 200- 99 Bank Street;
- The Pitchfest will begin at 7:00 pm, on Thursday, July 25th;
- Each company will have a ten (10) minute pitch, and an additional five (5) minutes for Q&A;
- There will be additional Q&A after all pitches have been presented. All Seed/Start-Ups are advised to remain onsite until the conclusion of the event;
- A panel of Telfer Executive MBA candidates, Executive MBA alumni and the Program’s executive interim director will select the finalists within 72 hours.
- June 28th, 2019 - Applications close at midnight;
- July 25th, 2019 at 7:00 pm, Suite 200 – 99 Bank Street: “School your Start-up Pitch-Fest”;
- Selected companies will be notified and a team of Executive MBA candidates will be assigned;
- September 2rd – October 18, 2019 – Official engagement period;
- Between September 2th and October 18th, there will be two off-line discussions in preparation of the Business Plan and Investors package;
- October 18th – Investors’ Package presentation/pitch to an investors’ panel at the Telfer Center for Executive Leadership.
We look forward to your interest in this unique and mutually beneficial working partnership. It is worth mentioning that participating in Pitchfest does not guarantee your selection.
If this fits your needs, please fill out the form.
Additional Information, please contact:
2020 Executive MBA cohort,