613-562-5800 x 4663
Are you interested in helping students get a glimpse of what it’s like to work in your organization?
We invite you to host an intern as part of the Telfer Job Shadowing Program.
Career planning is not a simple task. It requires personal reflection, research, and exposure to various options. As an employer host participating in the Telfer Job Shadowing Program, you will have the opportunity to help one of our business students test-drive a career related to his/her field of interest.
The International Career Mentorship Program facilitates international students’ transition towards a career in Canada. Matched with accomplished mentors, these 3rd and 4th year students will develop their professional skillset and learn about Canadian workplace culture. The program includes key events as well as 6 mentorship sessions spread across the fall and winter semesters.
Benefits of participating
You will have the chance to:
- Give back to your community by offering an experiential learning opportunity
- Expose your organization and corporate culture to a potential future candidate
- Gain assistance and feedback from an eager business student
Step 1- Connect with Ashley Foster (Relationship Manager) at the Telfer Career Centre
Step 2- Complete an information sheet regarding your preferred date(s) and interests
Step 3- Host a one-day job shadowing placement for a Telfer student (October / February)
Step 4- Provide feedback to the Career Centre regarding your experience
Example Day: You will take ownership over the structure of your intern’s day; however, it could begin with a one-on-one meeting to share information about your role and career path. Following that, activities could include a tour of the workplace, attending team meetings, observing daily tasks, and/or exposure to hands-on projects. Every placement will be unique and we encourage you to create an interesting, eye-opening, and meaningful experience for your intern.
Eligibility Criteria for Students
You will have to opportunity to host a student:
- In 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of the Telfer BCom Program
- In good academic standing (CGPA of 6.0/10 or higher)
- Completing one of the following academic options: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Management, International Management, Business Technology Management, or Healthcare Analytics