How does social media and cyber-interference affect the legitimacy of democratic elections?
Join us for a conversation with:
- Kevin Chan, global director and head of public policy at Facebook Canada;
- Bonnie Butlin, co-founder and executive director of Security Partners’ Forum and expert network member for cybersecurity at the World Economic Forum;
- Professor Elizabeth Dubois of the Faculty of Arts, an expert in political communication who has published influential work on “bots”; and
- Professor Michael Pal of the Faculty of Law, one of Canada’s leading experts on election law and constitutional law.
The Chancellor’s Debate will be followed by a question-and-answer period and reception.
This debate series, which was established by Chancellor Calin Rovinescu, gathers thought leaders, opinion makers and exceptional individuals to discuss contemporary issues.
For more details, please visit the event page. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact the Ceremonies and Events Office at 613-562-5276 or ceremonies@uOttawa.ca.
- Monday, November 19, 2018
- 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Faculty of Social Sciences building, Room 4007
120 University Private
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
View on Google Maps
- Register Now