DECA is a professional development club that transforms students into case cracking masters. Delegates participate in multiple case study competitions Canada-wide, particularly in Ontario, to showcase their expertise in a variety of fields such as accounting, finance, marketing, and business law. Held once yearly, the DECA provincial competition is a two-day event in downtown Toronto and consists of 17 different case categories, featuring over 1300 students from 23 participating universities and colleges across the country.
On January 20-21, 63 delegates went on to face the DECA challenge and won a total of ten awards:
- William King – 1st place and won $1,000 in the Start-up pitch Competition;
- Christina Wong and Kelsey Baguley – Overall 2nd place in Marketing Management;
- Tingi Gurung – 1st place in case #1 and 3rd place overall in Corporate Finance;
- Vanessa Kelly – 2nd place in case #1 and 1st place overall in Human Resource Management;
- Jason Luo – 1st place in case #2 and 1st place overall in Management Consulting;
- Michelle Tam and Rula Al Halbouni – won Leaders in diversity award.
The executive team would like to thank all its delegates for their tireless work and remarkable accomplishments to help make the uOttawa chapter shine!
[What’s next for DECA uOttawa?]
Next for DECA is hosting their inaugural invitational conference called Momentum, held February 9 – 11. Open to all Telfer students, this event will include several networking opportunities with companies such as Narcity, RBC, TMX, Burgers & Fries Forever, and more.
Thereafter, stay tuned for DECA’s year-end event, where they will have their last case study activity and introduce their new executive team and President.